Sunday, February 1, 2009

Read much?

It takes a lot to get me to start and especially finish a book. It doesn't matter if it's an absolutely amazing book. It's the book, the time, and there are usually things I'd rather be doing. Or reading is just not the first thing that comes to mind when I have some spare time. I wish I read more than I do. I mean it's so easy for people to pick up a book, and enjoy it enough to finish it in one day. I envy those people. I mean I could do that, but I don't. If a book doesn't completely interest me, I won't care enough to spend time reading it. I'll end up leaving it on a shelf, with half of it unread. Maybe I'll pick it up again later on, but if you really enjoy a book, you usually don't do that sort of thing.

I may set some goals for myself: Finish this book by a certain date or Read 2 books in this next month. I don't really think those have been very successful. But here's a new one. I'm going to start reading The Last Lecture. An amazing book, I know. Or at least I've heard. Let's see how far I get....

No comments:

Post a Comment