Thursday, February 19, 2009

My First Lecture

Okay. So I finished The Last Lecture. Yeah, it took me a while, but that's no surprise. Even though it took me this long, that doesn't mean anything. It doesn't mean I disliked it. In fact, it's the opposite. I loved the book.

After sobbing through the first 10 pages, I wasn't sure if I could read on. I wasn't really in the mood to read a terribly sad book. I also realized how great it was already within those 10 pages, and seeing how short the book was, I didn't want to keep reading until the end, where there would be no more left. This book brought out every emotion in me. Which I think is pretty hard to do. But I guess that shows how much it had an impact on me. I knew a little of what the book was about before picking it up. And while I knew it wasn't supposed to be sad, a lot of it was. But a lot of it made me laugh, and a lot made me smile. I won't go on and on about it because
1) I don't want to spoil it
2) I'd bore you to tears and you probably have no interest in hearing me go on.
So I'll stop here.

Everyone should read this book. It teaches you a lot. There are life lessons you can take from it. And ...well everyone could use that.

No comments:

Post a Comment